Whether you are coming with your infant for their very first visit, or coming to us with an older child, we pride ourselves in offering a pleasurable experience! Here are some recommendations and things to expect:
- A new and different experience may mean some tears… We always try and make the dentist a fun and inviting place, but some children may still be upset. This is totally normal.
- Talk to your child about their upcoming appointment!
- Use encouraging vocabulary, letting them know there is nothing to be scared of.
- Avoid triggering words… “you’re going to get a shot!”, “they are going to pull your tooth out”, “it’s going to hurt a lot!”
- Consult a children’s book for some help! Some ones we love include Show Me Your Smile: A Visit to the Dentist or The Berenstein Bears Visit the Dentist!
We treat every child like they are our own. Please let us know if there is any way we can best accommodate your little one.
Before visiting Pediatric Dental Associates of Randolph in Randolph, New Jersey, please click on the link below and complete the information in our New Patient Form. Please bring this form on your first visit with Dr. Mannella and our team and call 973-989-7970 if you have any questions.